The lovely Dawn from Doing it For Ourselves has nominated me for Liebester. Here's what she put:
11 Questions for Kev
- Your favourite time of year
- Your least favourite vegetable
- What trends did you follow as a teenager
- Favourite radio station
- What DIY do you dislike
- What were you doing when Elvis died
- Favourite time of day
- What is the naughtiest thing you did as a child
- What Celebrity would you invite to Sunday lunch
- What did you have for breakfast
- Were would you like to be in 10 years.
1. My Favourite time of year? There are so many! I guess I love the long summer evenings and wearing shorts for months on end.
2. Celery. I fail to see the point in adding it to anything!
3. Well I was (read - still am) a bit of geek. Imagine a less cool (and less funny) version of the Inbetweeners and you'll be somewhere near. I did used to like model making and I spent a lot of time on a tractor or with stock on the farm, not sure if I ever fell into a trend though. I probably wasn't cool enough to be in a trend!
4. Favourite radio station - Just lately I've been listening to Radio 6 and really enjoying it, it makes me remember why I used to be into my music!
5. DIY I dislike? Anything to do with plumbing! I hate doing it (although I always do it rather than getting a plumber in) and I always worry about it leaking!
6. When Elvis died I wasn't even a glint in my fathers eye! I was born some 6 years later!
7. My favourite time of day is evenings. I'm a night owl so I love reading the girls a story and then seeing what jobs I can get done.
8. Naughtiest thing as a child? I was fairly well behaved as a child (or so I think). I even rang mum and dad and asked them - the only thing they can remember was hiding some kittens from them, so my brother and I could play with them. They meowed and gave us away! We did get fleas though so I guess the cat had the last laugh!
9. Celebrity to lunch? I'm not into celebrities really so I think I'd have to go for someone like Ray Mears so I could ask him question after question!
10. Breakfast? Muesli I was trying to be quick.
11. 10 years from now I'd like to still be here, surrounded by my family, with no mortgage if I had a choice in the matter!
And 11 random things about me:
1. I converted an old ambulance and drove it all around Europe with my wife.
2. I don't like lending my tools to anyone.
3. I didn't have a next door neighbour until I was 24.
4. I love driving a transit van and even if I won the lottery I think I'd still have one.
5. I don't like any team sports.
6. I've planted over 500 trees here in the last two and a half years
7. The first time I went abroad without my parents I was 19 and I went for 3 months backpacking.
8. I've gone coast to coast across America by greyhound bus.
9. I talk too much at times.
10. I hate the taste of tea so much I won't even kiss my wife if she's had some.
11. I was head boy of my school.
I won't forward these questions on as I'm not sure who has done this and who hasn't but I might steal Julees Grays idea and ask everyone a question -
What book changed you the most?
For me it was when I read the River Cottage Cookbook and decided that was the way forward. Everything changed from then on!