Although I love gardening, I've never enjoyed mowing the lawn.
To be honest although we have a big garden here, it's not a job that's too bad because of the second hand ride on lawn mower that I brought a couple of years ago. Well when it works that is. this year it has given me an endless list of problems.
|Stored in my shipping container to keep it nice and dry.|
It's stored in my shipping container to keep it in the dry, which is awkward really as each time I want to use it I have to set up some ramps to get it in and out but it doesn't seem to appreciate this love and rewards me with breaking down at every opportunity.
Here's a list of the problems so far this year:-
- Slow puncture on the front left wheel - replaced the whole tyre as it couldn't be fixed.
- Battery wouldn't hold charge - replaced the battery.
- Pipe from the petrol pipe to the engine split, spilling petrol on the floor - replaced pipe (a bugger to fit as I had to take loads of the casing off, steering wheel and the fuel tank.
- The mower blades seized up - oil and grease then "persuaded" to move with my hammer.
- Slow puncture on the front right wheel has now appeared - Just live with this for now.
- Shredded the belt that drives the blade whilst halfway through mowing the lawn - belt on order now!
When you've got young children like we have, a lawn is an essential thing to have as it gives them space to run around, enjoy the outside and be children. But the way my mower is performing I'm tempted to let it grow and cut it for hay! Maybe I should get the scythe out on it!
Anyone else have constant problems with machinery - no matter how big or small it is?