By this I mean work!
A very busy Sunday.
|New ericaceous raised bed|
- I started all my tomatoes and peppers off (late I know),
- Planted courgettes and cucumbers, leeks and peas, (all under cover)
- Cobbled together a plastic 4 tier greenhouse that should have been chucked away at the end of last year,
- I made a large (10ft by 4ft) raised ericaceous raised bed out of 6x2, filled it and planted 4 blueberry bushes (I've had one of them in a pot for 9 years).
- Planted 3 blackberry bushes by our fuel tank
- Pruned all my Autumn raspberries (late again but they only went in last week)
- Collected all the spare soil from where I'd been planting our orchard
- Planted a small bit of rhubarb
- Sorted out all my crop netting and tied it into bundles
Then dad turned up with the digger!
|Sump removal with the digger|
He kindly dug round the veg and fruit garden with a narrow bucket to make it easier to put the rabbit wire in, he also did a bit of stump removal whilst I removed all the stock fencing to be replaced with rabbit wire. In doing this job he's saved me so much digging and time and as spring is pretty much here I need all the time I can get.
|Much easier to dig in the rabbit wire now!|
We also dug round the area which will be the chicken pen (to make it more fox proof when the wire goes in). I also made a start on removing a large clump of hazel which I should be able to coppice for bean poles in the future and get some fire wood from it for next winter.
Feeling quite stiff tonight so I think I've got a good day in.